Monday, March 17, 2008

I saw a GIANT BUTTERFLY!!

I was going down to wash my car earlier when I saw this!



Puny eh?


Look again!

Now does it look huge?

It is at least 15cm. The last time I saw a butterfly(or is that a moth? I would think it is a butterfly as I always think moth is like dull while butterfly is colourful. And this butterfly is colourful!) this size would be in Phuket outside my room. But from what I remember the Phuket one is not that big.
Here's the butterfly/moth I saw in Phuket





Its like they have eyes on their wings. Fascinating!


And to prove that I'm not lying about the size, I use my hp pouch as a benchmark. The handphone pouch is used to keep my Samsung U600 which is about 10cm. Plus the pouch was closer to me as I didn't want to go too close the butterfly least I scare it away. It is slightly bigger so I guess my estimation of 15 cm should be close.



isn't it beautiful? Such a magnificent creature!

No comments: