Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Have you ever wonder??

When I saw the news on the Indian baby born with two faces..




and little Lakshmi from India with 4 arms



I start to wonder why do there seems to have more deformities in babies in Asia (esp India, M'sia, Taiwan) as compared to Ang Moh countries. We asian have so much beliefs and superstitions as to what not to do before and during a pregnancy. The Ang Mohs don't have such superstitions but it seems there are less cases of such deformities. Or could it be the cases are less reported?

This actually rings a bell to me when my aunt who was carrying my little cousin during her 10 months pregnancy, she was gift wrapping for her Xmas party....in fact our granny actually nagged at her saying that she was not supposed to do such stuff (superstitious??) but my aunt din heed her advice.


so when my little cousin was born, his eyes are closed for almost a week..until a week later, his eyes opened (the doctor explained that its due to eye shit) but even when my little cousin's eyes are opened, one of his eye lid is abit slanted. Poor Little Malcolm got to undergo a plastic eye surgery to pull up his eye lid. Ouch! He will need to go thru a second op again at the age of 6. He is 3 yrs old now..


Hmm...Should we believe or not on such Chinese Beliefs and Superstitions. Even if we dont, why does such thing happen to us...u see those ang mohs...even when they dont have such beliefs, their babies are still so pinch-able and such a cutie.



No comments: