Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Standard Chartered Marathon

Sunday, dec 2 was the day of the run. With 3 weeks of training, I went for my 2nd marathon. I had to prove to my dad that I was determined. In fact "I was determined to prove him wrong!" The reason I had to do it was because he was always not admiting his mistake or arguing illogically!

The conversation below was what made me sign up for the marathon.


My dad made the statement: "You're not determined."


Of course I know what he meant. Other than sports activities, I was not really determined in other stuff. But I wanted to prove him wrong.

I argued "Why am I not determined? Does running long distance shows that you're determined?"

"Yes." He replied.

"Then I'm determined. Cos I ran the marathon and it is the longest distance competitive run."


"No. You're still not determined."

"HUH?!?"

"You must be consistent. You must run a few times."

I was damn pissed off at that time. I understand what he was trying to say but he phase it completely wrong. So I completed the marathon on sunday with a timing thats not what I expected. Did it in under 6 hrs. Far far away from my target of 4+ hrs. But still..

I think I forgotten my last torture. I will never run another marathon again. Its really killing me. After the marathon I could hardly walk. I struggle every step. Standing up was a torture as you use the thigh muscle to stand. Why did I sign up for this torture??

Dec 2 was also another special day. It was me and my darling's 1 yr anniversary. Im sorry darling, we can't celebrate on that day. Actually we did.. hehe.. with free 10 course chinese dinner. But I hope you're happy with the present. The finisher medal is for you. **darling no worries, no money can replace ur medal of sweat and love. Love u.

No comments: