Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sedili Fishing Trip

So over the weekend, I left Mrs Tootsie at home and went with the guys to Sedili for a fishing trip.


It'll be crazy to bring her along as..

1) We just pee into the ocean.. so where is she gona pee?
2) I'll have to help her put the bait on the hook which will eat into my precious fishing time.
3) She will not dare to eat the food as utensils are just washed with sea water and we eat with our hands.
4) We did not bathe for almost 2 days.
5) "The guys will scold you for bringing a gal along as it is said that a gal on the boat will affect the no. of fishes land" (This is what my Dad said)

It was a 2 day 1 night trip. I woke up at 5.30am, pick up Qing Di and went down to a friend's place where he picked us up and head towards Malaysia.

It was about an hours trip from Malaysia to the Sedili Port.


From there, we load in our equipment and set off to fish!

We were really anticipating catching all the big fishes so it was pretty disappointing when we had to wait another hour or so before we reach our destination.

Once we reached, we began fishing IMMEDIATELY. The start was good. A friend caught a huge parrot fish and soon followed by another who caught a pretty big duno-what fish. I was like "ho sey liao. Get ready to land the big fishes"

But it was not meant to be.. :(

Fish just doesn't come to me. My friends were like catching fishes after fishes. But nothing bite my bait!!

I had 2 rod. One I left it to catch big fish while the other I play with it using Apollo hooks to catch small fishes. My "big fish" rod only caught one fish.. which was this..


But it was an injured one. I think I did not pull it up when it was hooked and it was bitten by some bigger fishes. The fish that bit this fish must be a huge one we reckon.

My other rod which was used to catch smaller fishes caught even bigger fish than my catch-big-fish rod! About table size fish(about 20cm)

One of the beautiful fish I caught

The boatman was telling us the best time to catch big fishes was at 6-7pm and early morning 4-5am. So we had our dinner first..

The boatman preparing our dinner

Enjoying the sunset

Finally dinner is really!

After eating, we continued fishing but the weather was disappointing. A storm came and soon we had to hide in the shelter. Raining means cold, cold means no fish. So we couldn't fish overnight and when early morning came, the catch was bad too.

But nevertheless, this is what we end up with..

Some of our bigger catch

Overall it was not a good caught because of weather but it was fun because of the company.. and also because we had a fish feast after that. I'll let the pictures do the talking..

Germain is some Sichuan style

Parrot fish with preserved turnip

Misc fishes in thai style

Sotong in Assam

Misc fishes in black bean style

And the end result of the feast..

Sedap!





No comments: