Thursday, June 12, 2008

Prawning

While waiting for my car to be serviced, I went to the prawn pond in bishan with Qing Di for an hour of prawning. Catch was really bad. Caught like only 8 prawns between the 2 of us. What was most gek was this uncle beside me who caught like one every 3 mins. Really pro man! Best I ever seen.

He uses his own rod which extends all the way to the centre of the pond where all the prawns are. And he uses the bigger type of hook and also different type of bait from us. I'm guessing that is earthworm?

What was comforting is I caught the biggest prawn ever in my short prawning career (3 times so far)

There.. I compared it to my slipper (I'm a size UK 8). While trying to remove the hook, I almost got snapped by the claws. Luckily it bit the front of my slipper and not my toes!! I think I created quite a scene trying to remove the hook that one lau jiao uncle came to teach me how.. by holding the claws backwards.

Qing Di mention that he heard that in the forums, people are saying this is the normal size in Taman Jurong. But also heard they release less prawns though. But I went with Mrs Tootsie once to recce Taman Jurong and in that 10 mins I was there. Nobody caught anything. People in the forum are recommending FW3 though so maybe I'll make a trip there some time.

I took my biggest catch home and dump it into my instant noodles for dinner.

Fat and Juicy Prawn

Yummy!!

No comments: