Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My version of the proposal

It was about couple month back when I decided to propose to Mrs Tootsie on the 2nd dec which is our 2nd anniversary. It will be easy to spring a surprise as she will think it is our 2nd anniversary surprise. Mrs Tootsie is not very smart.. lol.

I only started to crack my brain for ideas in November but it was a busy month. I had to do lotsa OT especially the starting of them month. Well, it was an excuse as I'm a procastinator as well. It was 2 weeks before that I really thought hard about it and the plan came about. A week and a half before I went to buy the suppliers and A week before I start making it.

Well, the plan was like this...

The items: my "ring" which was watches instead of diamond ring. a gigantic diamond ring for some fun factor. A book which I'll pen my thoughts and later on paste the pictures of the night and make it into a book for us to remember this special day. A veil to signify my new bride. And Champagne to celebrate the day.

Since Mrs Tootsie likes candles, I plan to get a frame and put the words "will you marry me?" on it. I thought I could frame it after I propose but it was not meant to be. It took too long to light and everything burnt. It was in ruins. But anyway, I had a hard time looking for the candles. I ask around if anyone knew where I could get candles in letters form. I know prima deli has it and A friend helped me ask(thanks Miss J)but they don't sell it. I thought to go those toys shop to get those ABCs stuff and see if I can get a mould but I couldn't find it. I look for the mould at art friend but also I could not find it. End up I managed to melt the candle, pour it into the used tealight and crave it out from there. It was hard work and a couple of them crack as I crave them.

Next, I made a book. In front was an angel wing. This represent Mrs Tootsie who is my angel :) Inside I pen my feelings. I intend to make this book a book where we'll remember this special day. After this day, we'll develop the pics and paste them inside. So only this 2 items are handmade.

The settings: At east coast where I 1st ask her to be my gf. I will Reenact the whole scene again. But this time is a proposal to be my wife then gf.

So I ask her to turn around while I prepared the items. It was suppose to be like this... I lay the tablecloth, throw some rose petals, lay my candles in front of her with the watches and book beside. I play "somebody" on my handphone. Put the veil on Mrs Tootsie head and ask her to turn around and open her eyes and she'll see me kneeling with the diamond ring.

But it turned out like this.. The candles took like forever to light up. By the time I panick and forgot about my song! I was dripping sweat like nothing. Mrs Tootsie turn around with the veil but when she open her eyes, the candles almost finish burning. We try to take some videos and pics but soon it burn finish and the canvas was burnt through. After that Mrs Tootsie was no longer distracted, she woke up and realise hey there is a lot of sea cockroaches around and start screaming like crazy. So we had to move to the bench like before to talk and show her the other stuff I bought for her.

It wasnt what I had in mind.. but nothing is perfect and I'm glad I had made this day a special one for my angel :) and I hope she liked it!

Since it was also our 2nd year anniversary, Mrs Tootsie made some things for me knowing I had handmade something for her. She made me some lovely brownies reading "happy 2nd anniversary" It was delicious. Thank you darling! She also bought me my 1st automatic watch which I love it so much! It was a lovely day!


No comments: