Monday, February 4, 2008

The art of beating around the bush

Got an sms about a gathering during cny at a friend's new house. Sort of a house warming as well.

Lets give this friend a name. Lets call her Miss B.

I did not bother to reply this sms as I know what is the next reply. Predictably, it'll go something like "So how are you making your way there?"

So a few days later, I got an email from Miss B to remind us of this day again. AGAIN I did not reply her.

Another couple days pass and Miss B finally msn me asking if I'm going. AGAIN I did not answer her.

You know, anyone not knowing the situation here would question what I'm doing. Why would I refused to answer such a sincere friend invitation. It's rude right?

I finally relent thinking it was pretty rude actually to not reply 3 modes of invitation by Miss B.

So finally..

Mr Tootsie says: Yup, should be going.

Miss B says: cool so how will u b going?

Just as predicted. How should I reply her? hmm.. "Oh I buy a car and leave it the car park. I feel that the taxes I pay is not enough so I want to contribute more by paying the road tax and the COE to the govenment. So I guess I'll take the public transport to meet you guys."

Miss B says: u stil hv ya mini van?

Ahh.. finally getting there..

If I replied yes. She'll continued with something like "Hey I miss your van leh. Its damn comfortable at the back." or "We'll have like 5-6 person waiting at Clementi. You on the way can pick us up? You know your van spacious mah" You get the idea.

Mr Tootsie says:
i got something on earlier.. i meet u guys there

After a long paused,

Miss B says:
ok

No comments: